Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Ad that took me to the Final


As part of an ad making competition, I had made this ad in my first year of study. The concept of the competition was to take existing ads and make it suitable for other products.

This was an ad for ponds cold cream. The original ad consisted of different emotions portrayed by women. It depicted that face speaks for you. Therefore you need to have good looking face which could achieved by ponds cream. I found that the concept of emotions being portrayed by women could also be used for greeting cards. The ad consisted of women portraying emotions with their faces and were not verbal. I felt that as a card company, it can position itself as someone who has the words for all your expressions. That is, the company knows what you feel, and what you want to say. That thought formed the basis for the ad. I immediately modified and put in some tag lines and a greeting card brand and made it an ad for cards from Hallmark. I also took care into detailing aspect of the ad. The background score was changed and the popular Rehmans score for jeans was used. The use of pink colour for the background was also deliberate. Firstly, it was used to get a feminine tinge to the ad. Secondly, it was done to match with the colour of the top worn by the girl shown at the last so that there wouldn't be any drastic change of colours which would be taxing on the eyes of the viewer.The result was I was into the final round.

The feeling that I had when the ad was playing in the dark auditorium on a projector being viewed atleast by 200 people and I was on the stage looking at my work is unexplainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment